Navbar

Image Map

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hump Day Recipe - Cheddar and Spinach Stuffed Burgers

So, I completely intended on writing a post last Wednesday as promised and then I got caught up watching my baseball team dominate in the first World Series game. Go Red Sox!!

Anyway, I wanted to share a quick and yummy meal I made last week. I apologize ahead of time for the lack of instructive photos. We really liked this, but since I just whipped it up from what I had available I only managed to snap a picture of the finished product right before I devoured it.

I'm not sure if anyone has these or uses them anymore, but I LOVE my George Foreman grill. The best part of the George Foreman? Making burgers all year, no matter the weather! So without further ado: my recipe for cheddar and spinach stuffed burgers.

Cheddar and Spinach Stuffed Burgers 

This recipe yielded 4 massive burgers. Feel free to double the recipe as needed!
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1/2 a block of mild cheddar cheese, cut into thick slices
  • Small bowl of frozen spinach, cooked, and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
  • 1 egg 
  • Your favorite seasonings to taste (For this, I used an awesome grill seasoning mix that I got from my local farmer's market, but when I don't have this on hand I use plenty of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  
  1. If using a George Foreman, plug it in to heat it up. Otherwise, fire up your grill or heat up a pan on the stove. Any of these methods will work. Just remember to have your meat thermometer ready. Ground beef needs to be cooked to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. 
  2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, and seasonings. Mix well. 
  3. Form a large, flattened patty in your palm. Add a large pinch of spinach, then place a slice of cheese on top. Form the excess meat around the edges of the patty over the pile of spinach and cheese. 
  4. Form patties with remaining meat, spinach, and cheese. 
  5. Cook your delicious patties. I used my Foreman grill. It took about 7 minutes per batch of patties. I still checked my internal meat temperature, just to be sure. Remember, ground beef should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit! 
  6. Add your patties to buns, bread, a lettuce wrap, or eat them plain! 
 

Well, there you have it! A quick, easy, and YUMMY recipe for your mid-week menu! I hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave any questions or comments. We love to hear from you! Until next time. GO RED SOX! 

Φιλάκια, 
Eleni

No comments:

Post a Comment